Travel Grants Eligibility
Statement of Purpose: This grant has been established to support USITT Individual/Professional members in achieving international travel for education and research in theatre- related fields.
This grant will fund projects which:
- Seek new knowledge through international travel to exhibitions, productions, and collections; or
- Provide opportunities in design for international companies; and
- Include a method of sharing experiences with the USITT membership
Areas for Project Support Include: Research for productions or scholarly pursuits; attendance at theatre exhibitions, theatre festivals, theatre related events, seminars, or workshops.
Applicant Eligibility: Applicants must be current USITT Individual/Professional members, with demonstrated excellence in research or design in any field related to the mission of USITT.
Timetable for 2017 grant: Applications are due February 1, 2017.
The 2017 Member/Professional Travel Grant recipient will be announced during the USITT Annual Conference & Stage Expo in ST. Louis, MO, March 8-11, 2017. The grant recipient will receive travel support up to $2,500.
Reporting Requirements: Grant recipients will be asked for a report within one year of receiving the grant. The report will consist of a record of costs applied to the grant and the execution of the grant activities.
A second, more extensive report will be presented to the membership through an article for a USITT publication, a Conference presentation, or other written and/or visual documentation of the project within one year of receiving the grant. The specific nature of the report needs prior approval from the granting committee.
Application must include:
- Project narrative (describe the project in detail and include the following, 500 word maximum)
- Activity proposed and project timetable
- Results or effects the project is expected to produce
- Proposed method of processing materials
- Project location and facilities used (if applicable)
- Proposed budget and other sources of funding
- Method of documentation and report to the membership
- Curriculum vitae
- For design applications, 10 images of recent work
- One letter of reference in support of the project from a current colleague