Requirements for Barbara Matera Award
Nominees must be completing or have completed a graduate
degree within the last two years.
- USITT members may nominate people for these awards. Student members may not nominate themselves or other student members.
- Nominees and nominators must be current USITT member. (note: student cannot be nominated using an organizational membership).
- Awards are open to all ages and recognize promising newcomers in each award area.
The Award will go to an individual who has demonstrated excellence or outstanding potential as a Costume Maker for the performing arts and/or entertainment industries. This award recognizes the Costume Maker, who realizes the designer’s vision, and is not intended to recognize achievement in design. Applicants might specialize in one area or have a variety of skills in areas such as:
- Pattern Making
- Armor Making
- Mask Making
- Fabric Painting
- Costume Accessories
- Costume Shop Management
- Submitted documents/materials may include up to three different productions
- Five plates of digital images are required; an additional three are optional (eight total).
- “Plate” refers to a single image or collage of images. Maximum size and resolution is 18 x 24 inches, 200dpi
- PDF format only
Nomination will be open from
Sept 1 - Nov 1