Requirements for Barbizon Award
Nominees must be graduate students or undergraduates in their junior or senior year.
- USITT members may nominate people for these awards. Student members may not nominate themselves or other student members.
- Nominees and nominators must be current USITT member. (note: student cannot be nominated using an organizational membership).
- Awards are open to all ages and recognize promising newcomers in each award area.
Nominators must cite examples of work that feature the individual’s creative application of lighting design in the performing arts. Examples must be cited that demonstrate excellence in areas such as:
- Compositional skills
- Light plot
- Cable Management
- System Layout/Network Topologies
- Electrified Practicals
- Electrified Properties
- Practical Effects: Water, Fire, Lightning, Other
- Computer applications
- Personnel management
- Effective use of resources
- Submitted documents/materials may include up to three different productions.
- Five plates of digital images are required; an additional three are optional (eight total).
- “Plate” refers to a single image or collage of images. Maximum size and resolution is 18 x 24 inches, 200dpi.
- PDF format only.
Nomination will be open from
Sept 1 - Nov 1