Requirements for Kryolan Makeup Award
Nominees must be graduate students or undergraduates in their junior or senior year, with a focus on or strong interest in make-up as part of their studies.
- USITT members may nominate people for these awards. Student members may not nominate themselves or other student members.
- Nominees and nominators must be current USITT member. (note: student cannot be nominated using an organizational membership).
- Awards are open to all ages and recognize promising newcomers in each award area.
- Nominees must be graduate students or be completing an undergraduate degree during the academic year during which the award is given.
Nominators must cite examples of work that feature the individual’s creative application of makeup design in the performing arts. Examples must be cited that demonstrate excellence in areas such as:
- Compositional skill
- Effective use of resources
- General and corrective makeup
- Specialty makeup: fantasy, prosthetics, wigs, etc.
- Submitted documents/materials may include up to three different productions
- Five plates of digital images are required; an additional three are optional (eight total).
- “Plate” refers to a single image or collage of images. Maximum size and resolution is 18 x 24 inches, 200dpi
- PDF format only
Nominations Open Sept 1, 2017