Requirements for Works-Buerki Award
Nominees must be completing or have completed a graduate degree within the last two years.
- USITT members may nominate people for these awards. Student members may not nominate themselves or other student members.
- Nominees and nominators must be current USITT member. (note: student cannot be nominated using an organizational membership).
- Awards are open to all ages and recognize promising newcomers in each award area.
- Nominees must be completing or have completed a graduate degree within the last two years.
Nominators must cite examples of work that feature the individual’s creative application of scene
design, scenic technology, and/or technical direction in the performing arts. Examples cited must demonstrate excellence in areas such as:
- Effective use of resources
- Innovative construction techniques
- Scene painting
- Properties design and construction
- Special effects
- Stage engineering
- Submitted documents/materials may include up to three different productions.
- Five plates of digital images are required; an additional three are optional (eight total)
- “Plate” refers to a single image or collage of images.
- Maximum size and resolution is 18 x 24inches, 200dpi.
- PDF format only.
Nominations Open Sept 1, 2016