YD&T Eligibility and
- USITT members may nominate people for these awards. Student members may not nominate themselves or other student members.
- Nominees and nominators must be current USITT members. (note: student cannot use an organizational membership).
- Awards are open to all ages and recognize promising newcomers in each award area.
- See individual awards for specific requirements.
- Award winners will be notified in January 2017.
- The 2017 Awards for Young Designers & Technicians in the Performing Arts will be presented at the USITT Annual Conference & Stage Expo in Saint Louis, Missouri, March 8-11, 2017
- Each award winner will be presented with a check from USITT for $500 to $1000
- Questions? Contact the USITT office at 800-938-7488 ext 101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominees must complete online form including a non-refundable $25 entry fee by 2 PM EST Nov 15, 2016
- Once registration is completed, each nominee will receive an e-mail containing a link to the required document submission page.
- Required documents for all awards (PDF format only)
- Nominees’ resume. PDF format only. Citations of websites are not permitted (except for sound award)
- Nominator recommendation, giving examples of work as specified for the award
- Two additional letters of recommendation in support of the nomination
- One page letter (150 words) from the nominee stating his/her creative working philosophy
- 150 word Design Concept Statement for each submitted production design.
- Five to eight “plates” representing nominee’s work as specified for each award. Five plates are required, three additional plates are optional. Each “plate” refers to a single image or collage of images.
- Maximum size and resolution of each plate is 18 x 24inches, 200dpi. PDF format only.
- Refer to individual awards for criteria specific to each award.
Documents must be submitted in electronic format. All letters of support, resume, statements of design concepts, portfolio or other support material are to be in .PDF format only.
Citations of websites are not permitted (except for sound award).
Nominations Open Sept 1, 2017