For a More Information Click Here
Participants will be able to experience and explore many costume collections dating back to the early 1600s including items featured in Janet Arnold’s “Patterns of Fashion.”
Workshops will center around the life of author Jane Austen through costume. Participants will create samples of costumes displayed at various museums across the south coast of England using methods such as pleating, smocking, decorative piping, padded and piped hems, intricate decorative cutting techniques, fabric inserts, twisted applique, and a myriad of Georgian surface decoration.
Those attending will have exclusive access for research to the unseen pieces from various notable British museums and National Trust resources. Other highlights will include cultural visits and specialist workshops at the Arts University Bournemouth including full access to its costume studio.
- We suggest flying into Heathrow Airport
- Bus will pick up participants Monday June 12th from Heathrow Airport and depart 2:00pm (approximately 2 hours to reach AUB)
- Return Airport Transfers from London to Bournemouth
- Accommodation in Halls of Residence (single room with en-suite) with access to full equipment kitchens and laundry facilities
- Lunch each day
- 6 days trips visits with entry access to several exhibitions
- Access to over 6 Unique British Costume Collections
- London Theatre Performance
- 2 over night stays with visits
- 2 days workshop with all materials
- Farewell Evening meal in London
- Professional Development Certificate of Attendance
- Bus will pick up participants Friday June 23th from AUB and depart 8:00am returning to Heathrow Airport
***Prices Do Not Include Airfare***
Your Presenter & Host.
This intensive program will be led by Mandy Barrington author of “Stays and Corsets Historical Patterns Translated for the modern body.”
Senior Lecturer –Costume and Performance Design The Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) MA Costume (Distinction), PGCE, BA (Hons) Costume and Performance Design (First Class)
Mandy is a Senior Lecturer in Costume at the Arts University Bournemouth with a first class honours degree in Costume design and a Masters in Costume, and she has been teaching our next generation of costume makers for over 14 years. Mandy has also taught internationally in both Japan and Taiwan, delivering specialist courses in textiles, historical pattern cutting and costume making techniques to fashion students. She has also supported the university and international department through her promotional visits to the Far East.
SYMPOSIUM SITE INFORMATION
For Program Schedule Click Here
Schedule is subject to change