Elite Intensive Training
New! Elite Intensive Training is a year long commitment for one emerging Early Career technical theatre professional in Automation. May 2018 - April 2019. Exact end date TBD.
- Starting in Las Vegas at Elite Training May 10 – May 12, 2018
- Then, fly to Seattle to board Princess Cruise Lines (Ship TBA) . You will work aboard two different ships during your term, for two very different automation experiences.
- Rejoin Cirque du Soleil at the end of your cruise contract to intern with Cirque (Show & Experience TBA).
- A potential extension to conclude the year working at Disneyland is in the works.
Registration for 2018 has closed.
Please check back in January 2019 for next year.
This experience begins in the Automation Track at Elite Training, May 10 - 12, 2018 Las Vegas, Nevada. Training will be held at the KA Theatre by Cirque du Soleil at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino. After a three-day introduction to the eCham System/Navigator Software, Princess Cruises will fly you to Seattle Washington where you’ll spend an Alaska Cruise season aboard the (Ship TBA) working for the Automation Department. When the cruise season ends you’ll be flown back to Vegas where Cirque du Soleil will usher you through a paid internship at various shows and locations. We are finalizing details to conclude the experience working at Disneyland as the culmination of this one-of-a-kind experience.
One applicant will be selected for this opportunity. More Details to come!
- For more about interning with Cirque du Soleil Click Here.
- For more information about being part of the production crew with Princess Cruises Click Here.
What you need to apply: Ability to work in the US without immigration sponsorship; NO EXCEPTIONS. Be an Early Career USITT Member, educational experience, resume', headshot, and answers to the following questions; Why should you be chosen for this Intensive Training Opportunity? and Special Skills or Qualifications?
For more information, please contact Karen Greenfield at Karen.Greenfield@USITT.org.