Awards & Opportunities
Peter Sargent, 2017 Thomas DeGaetani Award
USITT provides year-round opportunities for recognition and advancement through education, awards, mentorships, and funding.
Active programs include:
- Architecture Awards: the Architecture Awards Program honors excellence in the design and recognize architects of theatre projects for 25 years.
Deadline: Septemeber 4, 2018
- Oscar G. Brockett Golden Pen Award: is the author of an outstanding, major, recent publication in the field of design and production for the performing arts.
Deadline to Nominate: August 1, 2018
- Tech Expo: USITT’s Theatre Technology Exhibit (Tech Expo) features creative solutions to production problems.
Deadline to Submit: October 15, 2018
- Special Achievement Awards
Nominations are now open for the USITT Award, Joel E. Rubin Founder's Award, and Thomas DeGaetani Award
Deadline to Nominate: July 2, 2018
- Glerum Masterclasses - Seattle, Washington
Entry & Advanced Level
Monday August 20 & Tuesday August 21, 2018
Deadline to Register: August 3, 2018
- Costume Symposium: The Costume Comes to Cosplay, Three Day Worbla & EVA Foam Workshop
Where/ hosted by Utah Shakespeare Festival, Cedar City
Deadline to apply: July 18, 2018, or when full
- Rigging Safety Initiative: to provide free stage rigging inspections and safety training for secondary schools across America.
Deadline to apply: November 15, 2018
USITT Board Statement on Adjudication.