Arts Technical Director/Theater Manager
Princeton Day School seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to serve as the Technical Director/Theater Manager as a Leave Replacement, providing leadership for the technical direction of the Performing Arts curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular productions.
Arts Technical Director/Theater Manager (Leave Replacement August-November)
Princeton Day School
Princeton, New Jersey
Princeton Day School seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to serve as the Technical Director/Theater Manager as a Leave Replacement, providing leadership for the technical direction of the Performing Arts curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular productions. This position will also support the wider Princeton Day School community by supervising the technical operations and resources of the performance venues, including lighting, sound and projection support for community events in the space. The ideal candidate is an innovative and experienced problem-solver, a skillful leader with a ‘can-do’ attitude, and an experienced educator who is eager to invest their artistic and technical skills in the Performing Arts at Princeton Day School. This position reports to the Chair of the Fine and Performing Arts, as well as individual Program Coordinators within the department (Music, Theatre and Dance).
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the artistic vision of directors and designers through budgeting, scheduling, managing and executing all phases of production, including design and construction, from rehearsal to performance (US/MS fall production).
- Enforce policies and procedures for safe facilities use and resource allocation.
- Enforce and maintain a safe educational environment.
- Recruit, schedule, instruct and manage student crews.
- Providing instruction and training to students in the following areas: scenic design and construction, lighting, rigging, shop usage and safety, power tools and all aspects of theatrical design and production.
- Supervise Arts Technician (p/t), contracted labor and outside vendors.
- Manage and maintain all storage facilities, equipment and inventory.
- In conjunction with Arts Technician and Department Chair, manage and maintain calendar for McAneny Theater.
- Ensure proper staffing and support for all events in McAneny Theatre, including Admissions, Advancement and all events deemed necessary by Leadership team.
- Manage Technical Theater budget.
- Possess familiarity with EOS/ION Operating System; CTC Dimmer Racks; QLab Sound Software; Behringer X32 Sound Board; DMX, Ethernet, Serial and MIDI protocols; intelligent LED lighting; moving lights; wireless mics; Mac computers.
- Demonstrate both a professional, calm work ethic and excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree with Technical Theater focus desired and/or commensurate professional experience.
- Experience in secondary/college education environments is preferred.
Interested Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Marybeth Roach, Director of Human Resources, at: firstname.lastname@example.org