Automation Rigging Specialist
Lune Rouge Entertainment is currently looking for an Automation Rigging Specialist. Reporting to the Head Rigger/Technical Supervisor, the Automation Rigging Specialist is responsible for all automated rigging and the automation of the scenic elements.
Automation Rigging Specialist
Lune Rouge Entertainment is currently looking for an Automation Rigging Specialist. Reporting to the Head Rigger/Technical Supervisor, the Automation Rigging Specialist is responsible for all automated rigging and the automation of the scenic elements. He is planning and coordinating all the automation related activities including setup and teardown, inspection, maintenance and reparations. He is also operating the automation system during the show, rehearsals and media events.
- Operating and controlling all automation equipment during shows, rehearsals and media events;
- Supervise show operations inside PY1 and coordinate trouble shooting with Technical Team;
- Ensuring that operations run smoothly and safely during rehearsals, shows and media events;
- Ensuring that the rigging elements conform to the original concept and quality of the show;
- Planning and taking part in the updating, replacement and maintenance of scenic elements in collaboration with the Head Rigger/Technical Supervisor;
- Creating a maintenance, inspection and repair log and keeping it up to date;
- Planning, coordinating and performing the set-up and tear down of all automated elements during transfer, working together with the rigging department;
- Managing technical specialist staff and teams of local employees during transfers;
- Loading and unloading trucks and flatbeds as per loading plans;
- Participating in all necessary safety training courses as well as training for emergency rescue procedures;
- Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the departments;
- Work collaboratively with all other departments within the company to meet all technical and artistic requirements for the show;
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested.
- At least 3 years of experience operating and/or maintaining automation systems for
theatrical productions in the entertainment industry;
- Previous experience with motorized and manual counterweight systems and acrobatic rigging installations;
- Ability to climb and to work at heights;
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and software problems;
- Working knowledge of installing and maintaining related systems and equipment;
- Formal fall protection training, competency training and overall safety training;
- Leadership and ability to work under pressure;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Professional appearance and demeanor;
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both in written and oral form;
- Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Please send your cover letter and CV by email to the attention of Nouha Chtioui at the following address: [email@example.com]