A full-time technical position for field service coverage in the US Midwest Region. Will provide testing and energizing of control systems, bench repair of electrical and electronic equipment, as well as repairs in the field. Provide customer support as well as execute equipment designs for Project and Product Sales.
Vincent Lighting Systems
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
SUMMARY: A full-time technical position for field service coverage in the US Midwest Region. Will provide testing and energizing of control systems, bench repair of electrical and electronic equipment, as well as repairs in the field. Provide customer support as well as execute equipment designs for Project and Product Sales.
- Provide proper operation of lighting control equipment and related systems.
- Assist customers in the troubleshooting of lighting control equipment.
- Provide for a timely repair of customers’ equipment.
- Provide inside support coordination and technical assistance for outside technicians and sales personnel.
- Coordinate calendar and priority of work assignments with service manager and project manager.
- Execute custom work orders, repairs, and system turn-ons as assigned by the service and project managers.
- Maintain proper records and files for:
- All equipment that needs or has been repaired by the Service department.
- Project systems service activity.
- Technical and engineering drawings and information.
- Service department inventory of parts, swap out and repair equipment, supplies and tools.
- Work with vendors to arrange for parts, supplies and additional repair services.
- Initiate customer billing for service department activities.
- Will travel throughout a 5-state area.
- Assist in the design, engineering and fabrication of new equipment and devices that Vincent Lighting Systems may provide.
- Perform other duties and assigned and directed.
- A BA in Technical Theatre, Electronics Certification or equivalent experience is required.
- Must have good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Must have good organizational skills, with an attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of architectural and entertainment control systems and their proper application is strongly preferred.
- Must have PC based computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Must be able to travel (including overnight) throughout a 5-state region.
- ETCP (Entertainment Technician Certification Program) Certified Entertainment Electrician is a plus.
Vincent Lighting Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: Taine Gilliam, Service Manager, Vincent Lighting Systems, 6161 Cochran Rd Ste D, Solon, OH 44139, fax 216-475-6376 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.