The Department of Theatre and Dance invites applicants for a 10-month, non-teaching, professional
Costume Shop Supervisor beginning negotiable. This position is term-appointed and renewable annually.
Costume Shop Supervisor
Fredonia - State University of New York
Fredonia, New York
he Department of Theatre and Dance invites applicants for a 10-month, non-teaching, professional Costume Shop Supervisor beginning negotiable. This position is term-appointed and renewable annually. Duties include supervision and maintenance of the Department’s costume shop, costume construction, and wardrobe crews; assisting the Department’s Costume Design faculty in preparing, planning, budgeting, drafting, and purchasing materials for five Departmental productions per year; developing and maintaining the Department’s build schedule; assisting with maintenance of the Department calendar; maintaining inventory and purchasing necessary supplies; maintaining costume shop tools; and tracking student hours for Theatre and Dance Productions.
- Bachelor's degree in Theatre with emphasis in Costume Technology/Management, or equivalent professional experience
- Two years experience in a professional or educational costume shop environment
- Excellent costume construction skills
- Ability to train students in the use of costume shop equipment (sewing machines, sergers, irons, washers/dryers, etc)
- Proficiency in office-related computer skills (Excel, Word, Google, Accounting, etc)
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff and constituents in support of campus and department mission
- Demonstrated commitment to the university, division, and profession.
- Master of Fine Arts in Theatre with an emphasis in Costume Technology/Management
- Three or more years professional experience in commercial, educational, or regional theatre costume construction
- Draping and pattern drafting skills
- Interest in, and commitment to, community engagement.
For complete vacancy announcement and/or to apply, visit:
SUNY Fredonia prides itself on an outstanding workforce. To continually support organizational excellence, the University conducts background screens on applicants. An affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, SUNY Fredonia encourages and actively seeks applications from minorities, women, and people with disabilities.