Head Rigger/Technical Supervisor
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Head Rigger/Technical Supervisor oversees the installation and maintenance of all rigging and acrobatic equipment.
Head Rigger/Technical Supervisor
Lune Rouge Entertainment is currently looking for a Head Rigger/Technical Supervisor. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Head Rigger/Technical Supervisor oversees the installation and maintenance of all rigging and acrobatic equipment. He ensures that all systems operate smoothly during shows, rehearsals and media events and keeps the maintenance and inspection logs up to date. The Head Rigger/Technical Supervisor also oversees all technical systems and equipment in close collaboration with the Technical Team. He acts as the competent person and make sure that the stage, backstage and public areas are safe and compliant with health and safety regulations and standards.
- Take part in planning and managing the teardown and set-up operations for the video, lighting, sound, rigging, automation and show carpentry departments with the Operations Manager;
- Supervise and direct a team of technical specialists and local labor for each department in order to ensure the integrity and quality of the show as defined by the original creators;
- Plan and manage the transportation of the complete inventory of technical equipment and mobile infrastructures;
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all rigging equipment specific to the production to operate and maintain mechanized and manual rigging equipment safely;
- Lead crew members in inspecting and maintaining all technical and rigging related equipment and systems;
- Create and maintain all inspection, maintenance and all other required documentation for the safe and continued show operation. This mandate may include documentation within AutoCAD, Hummingbird, TMA, or other show specific software;
- Participate in special projects including the construction and installation of show rigging systems, and inter-departmental projects that may include hanging, flown, or other needs that fall within the technician’s specialty;
- Operate show cues, rigging systems and related equipment for performances, artist training, and maintenance;
- Establishing procedures for rescue in height with the relevant teams and external consultants if necessary;
- Maintain a safe working environment always by conforming to established safety policies and procedures;
- Participate in required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
- Ensure everyone in the departments have the resources they need to successfully complete their assignments;
- Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the departments;
- Work collaboratively with all other departments within the company to meet all technical and artistic requirements for the show;
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested.
- At least 5 years of experience in theatrical and/or structural rigging in similar large-scale production;
- Previous experience with motorized and manual counterweight systems and acrobatic rigging installations;
- Previous experience leading and managing a team of technical specialists is essential;
- Ability to climb and to work at heights;
- Formal fall protection training, competency training and overall safety training;
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both in written and oral form;
- Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Please send your cover letter and CV by email to the attention of Nouha Chtioui at the following address: email@example.com