Jay O. Glerum Entry Level Rigging Class - Indianapolis
Register now by Friday, Oct. 21
The entry-level track is geared towards those needing to reaffirm their knowledge of or build upon their understanding of the basics in counterweight rigging safety and operations.
This class helps to prepare classroom theatre teachers and non-professional technicians for industry-level, safety practices using theatre counterweight systems for rigging scenery and lighting to increase safe working environments in schools and community theatres.
The two-day curriculum covers rigging basics, terminology, hardware, systems, tools, and safe practices. Attendees are issued the Jay O. Glerum Stage Rigging Handbook and use this text as a reference.
Curriculum to be covered
- Safe Operation of Counterweight Fly Systems
- Basic Rigging Tools and Hardware
- How to Safely Rig and Fly Scenery
- Safety Procedures for Working at
- Heights and Using Ladders
- Basic Rules for Fall Protection
- Basic Maintenance of Rigging Systems
- Day to Day and Why Professional
- Inspections are Important
- Three hands-on segments to include:
- Hardware – proper use and application
- Fly System – system identification, safe operation, and maintenance overview
- Working at Heights – ladders & Genie lifts and maintenance overview
This is a hands-on learning experience for each attendee so that theory is translated to practice under the supervision of Internationally recognized trainers.
Registration will close on Friday, Oct. 21, at 3 p.m.
Attendees are responsible for their own housing accommodations.
Monday, Oct. 24 & Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2022, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Early – Aug. 5 – Sept. 16 $350
Regular – Sept. 17 – Oct. 10 $400
Late – Oct. 11 – Oct. 21 $450
Early – Aug. 5 – Sept. 16 $400
Regular – Sept. 17 – Oct. 10 $450
Late – Oct. 11 – Oct. 21 $500
Newfields: A Place for Nature & the Arts - Indianapolis Museum of Art
4000 N. Michigan Rd.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208
Ed Leahy – Head Trainer and Cruise Ship Division Manager, Chicago Flyhouse, Inc. ETCP Certified Rigger – Arena & Theatre, ETCP Recognized Trainer
Tyler DeLong – Partner, DeLong Rigging Solutions. ETCP Certified Rigger – Arena & Theatre, ETCP Recognized Trainer
Christopher (Topher) Morris – Technical Director & Professor, Salem State University.