Jay O. Glerum Intermediate Level Rigging Class - Seattle
October 9 & 10 (Register by October 2 at midnight (11:59 p.m.))
Glerum Intermediate class:
Intermediate track is a classroom, PPT, and demonstration-based class for those familiar with rigging basics and the safe operation of a counter weight system or those who have taken the Entry Level course and seek to advance their skills.
Curriculum to be covered:
- Review of Breaking Strength, Design Factor, Working Load Limit
- Physics of Loads and Forces
- Beam Loading and Cantilevers
- Truss Basics – inspection and general principles
- Mechanical Advantage
- Bridle Rigging
- Overview of basic automation controls
- Out of balance loading situations for counter weight systems
- Where the rules come from - Codes, Standards, and Risk Assessment
Registration will close on Monday, Oct. 2. at midnight (11:59 p.m.)
Attendees are responsible for their own housing accommodations.
Monday, Oct. 9, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 10, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Now - Sept. 18 (midnight 11:59 p.m. ET)
Members $525 | Non-members $575
After Sept. 18 (midnight 11:59 p.m. ET)
Members $550 | Non-members $600
Cornish College of the Arts, Seattle, WA
Ed Leahy – Head Trainer and Cruise Ship Division Manager, Chicago Flyhouse, Inc. ETCP Certified Rigger – Arena & Theatre, ETCP Recognized Trainer
Shane Kelly – Head of Theatre Technology, The Theatre School at DePaul University and President Shane Kelly Rigging. ETCP Certified Rigger – Arena & Theatre, ETCP Recognized Trainer. He is the co-author (with Jay O. Glerum) of the upcoming 4th edition of the Stage Rigging Handbook.