ESET Basic Terms & Safety
The eSET Basic Terms & Safety Exam is a prerequisite for all eSET exams
The Online Exam may be taken at any time. To do so follow these steps:
- Register in the online testing portal. (remember the user name and password you create.
- Choose the Basic Terms & Safety Exam from the menu on the testing portal. There is no cost to take this prerequisite
- Successfully complete the exam in the 40 minute allotted time period.
* Limits have been imposed on this test so that each taker can only make one attempt to pass in each 24 hour period. No test taker can attempt more than 3 times in a 365 day period.*
What is covered on the online exam?
The online exam is a set of 100 questions randomly chosen by the system from a larger pool. The questions are multiple choice and true/false questions covering topics such as:
- Name the Equipment Illustrated
- What are the Standard Setting Organizations such as ANSI, OSHA, or NFPA
- What are the General Warnings used in a Theatre, such as "Going Dark"
- What are Safety Data Sheets and Why Do We Use Them
- What are Common Procedures for Using A Fire Extinguisher
- Click here for the full curriculum study guide
When you successfully complete the Basic Terms & Safety exam, you may register for any of the subject specific exams. To take a subject specific exam, enter your user name and password, choose the test you wish to take. Pay the fee for testing (don't forget the discount code if you've already passed one subject exam).
The Basic Terms and Safety Working Group:
Jeremiah Brophy, Co Chair