Jay Glerum Rigging Masterclass Minneapolis
Monday August 19 & Tuesday August 20 2019
Advanced Level - This class is limited to 30 participants.
ACT NOW! Registration for this class to close on August 4.
805 Hennepin Ave.
Minneapolis, Mn. 55402
- Monday August 19
10:00 am – 6:30 pm
- Tuesday August 20
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Advanced track will be taught for ETCP renewal credit and include training on the latest innovations in rigging as well as advanced safety such as life rescue and other topics. This class qualifies for 14 ETCP renewal credits.
The two-day curriculum: Understanding Fall Protection, Arrest, and Rescue Plans
Curriculum to be covered
- Fall Protection basics
- Fall protection equipment
- Current regulations and codes
- Limiting fall hazards, restraint, protection, arrest
- Fall rescue plans
- Considerations for creation of fall arrest system - structure, planning, etc.
- Concerns and considerations once someone has fallen/loads involved
- Simulating a fall
This is a hands on learning experience for each attendee so that theory is translated to practice under the supervision of Internationally recognized trainers. Registrants will be asked to bring their own fall arrest gear to the class for the purpose of learning to properly fit and inspect your own harness and gear. It is not necessary to purchase gear in advance if you don't already own it.
- Eric Rouse - ETCP Recognized Trainer, ETCP Certified Rigger - Theatre, Chicago Flyhouse
- Bill Sapsis - ETCP Recognized Trainer, ETCP Certified Rigger - Arena & Theatre, Sapsis Rigging Inc.
- Patrick Stewart - ETCP Recognized Trainer, ETCP Certified Rigger - Arena, ETC, IATSE Local 251
Registration May 6 - June 30 - $425
Late Registration July 1 - August 4 - $500
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis Downtown
19 North 8th Street, Minn. MN. 55403
Queen/Queen - $119 Max. 4 (Does not include sales tax & fees)
Room reservation deadline Friday July 19, 2019. After this date, the hotel will continue to accept reservations at the group rate based on room availability.
Booking Link: Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis Downtown
Hotel Features and Concessions:
- Discounted self-parking of $13 per night/per vehicle for USITT guests lodging at the hotel.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Breakfast included
Thank you also goes to our in-kind sponsors: