Jay Glerum Rigging Masterclass Washington DC
**Due to a global Salesforce outage, USITT cannot take payments for registration or membership online. To register for an upcoming class or to renew your membership, please contact the National Office at 800-938-7488. We hope to resolve the situation as soon as possible.**
Monday June 17 & Tuesday June 18 2019
8:30am – 5:00pm
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL - This class is limited to 30 participants.
ACT NOW! Registration for this class to close on June 10
Arena Stage at the Mead Center for American Theatre
- The Arlene and Robert Kogod Cradle
1101 6th St. SW
Washington, DC 20024
- June 17 & 18 2019
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Intermediate track is for those familiar with rigging basics and the safe operation of a counter weight system or those who have taken the Entry Level course and seek to advance their skills.
Attendees are issued a handbook guided by the PowerPoint presentation.
This class qualifies for 14 ETCP renewal credits.
Curriculum to be covered
- Review of Breaking Strength, Design Factor, Working Load Limit
- Physics of Loads and Forces
- Beam Loading and Cantilevers
- Truss Basics – inspection and general principles
- Mechanical Advantage
- Bridle Rigging
- Overview of basic automation controls
- Out of balance loading situations for counter weight systems
- Ed Leahy – Head Trainer and Cruise Ship Division Manager, Chicago Flyhouse, Inc.
ETCP Certified Rigger – Arena & Theatre, ETCP Recognized Trainer
- Mark Rapach - Technical Director, The Clarice Smith PAC, University of Maryland
ETCP Certified Rigger - Theatre
Registration March 14 - April 30 - $325
Late Registration May 1 - June 10 - $400
Housing: Participants are responsible for reserving their own housing.
Thank you also goes to our in-kind sponsors: