Jay Glerum Rigging Masterclass San Diego - Intermediate Level
San Diego, California
Monday April 1 & Tuesday April 2 2019
8:30am – 5:00pm
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL - This class is limited to 33 participants.
San Diego State University
- Don Powell Theatre
Performing Arts Plaza
5500 Campanile Dr.
San Diego, CA 92182-7601
- April 1 & 2 2019
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Intermediate track is for those familiar with rigging basics and the safe operation of a counter weight system or those who have taken the Entry Level course and seek to advance their skills.
Attendees are issued a handbook guided by the PowerPoint presentation.
This class qualifies for 14 ETCP renewal credits.
Curriculum to be covered
- Review of Breaking Strength, Design Factor, Working Load Limit
- Physics of Loads and Forces
- Beam Loading and Cantilevers
- Truss Basics – inspection and general principles
- Mechanical Advantage
- Bridle Rigging
- Overview of basic automation controls
- Out of balance loading situations for counter weight systems
- Ed Leahy – Head Trainer and Cruise Ship Division Manager, Chicago Flyhouse, Inc. ETCP Certified Rigger – Arena & Theatre, ETCP Recognized Trainer
- Shane Kelly - Chair of Design and Technology, Head of Theatre Technology, Head of Projection Design ETCP Certified Rigger – Arena & Theatre, ETCP Recognized Trainer
- Loren Schreiber - Director of Technology at San Diego State University’s School of Theatre, Television, & Film. ETCP Certified Rigger
Registration Dec. 14 - Feb. 1 - $325
Late Registration Feb. 2 - March 14 - $400
Housing: Participants are responsible for reserving their own housing.