Jay Glerum Rigging Masterclass Pennsylvania
Monday December 10 & Tuesday December 11, 2018
8:30am – 5pm
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT. Please check back in January for the 2019 schedule.
If you'd like to be added to the waiting list please email Karen.Greenfield@usitt.org and let her know. If any seats become available, we'll fill them in the order we received each request.
- Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- December 10 & 11, 2018
8:30am – 5pm
Intermediate track is for those familiar with rigging basics and the safe operation of a counter weight system or those who have taken the Entry Level course and seek to advance their skills.
This class qualifies for 14 ETCP renewal credits.
Curriculum to be covered
- Review of Breaking Strength, Design Factor, Working Load Limit
- Physics of Loads and Forces
- Beam Loading and Cantilevers
- Truss Basics – inspection and general principles
- Mechanical Advantage
- Bridle Rigging
- Overview of basic automation controls
- Out of balance loading situations for counter weight systems
- Ed Leahy – Head Trainer and Cruise Ship Division Manager, Chicago Flyhouse, Inc. ETCP Certified Rigger, ETCP Recognized Trainer
- Jonathan Deull - ETCP Certified Rigger, ETCP Recognized Trainer
Registration - Sept 5 - Nov 1 - $299
Late Registration - Nov 1 - Dec 3 - $349
Housing: Participants are responsible for reserving their own housing.