Academic Year Adjunct Lecturer, Technical Direction and Production Management in Theatre
The Department of Theatre and Dance at Santa Clara University, a Jesuit, Catholic university located in Silicon Valley, seeks applicants for an Academic Year Adjunct Lecturer (one year, non-tenure-track) in technical direction in theatre. The position also requires the ability to manage set builds onsite for mainstage and student productions, including oversight of the scene shop, Mayer Theatre, and associated student workers therein.
The successful candidate will teach the equivalent of 7 courses with at least one course in each quarter, fall, winter, and spring. Each quarter is 10 weeks long, with an 11th week set for final examinations. The position starts September 1, 2021. Responsibilities run for 10 months, and the salary is paid over 12 months.
We encourage applications from candidates who will contribute to the diversity of our college community, including members of historically underrepresented groups.
- Terminal degree (MFA) in Theatre/Theatre Design/Production or a closely-related field. Candidates who lack the terminal degree will be considered if they have a bachelor's degree and equivalent professional or academic experience (3-5 years.)
- Commitment to teaching theatre through production within a liberal arts context.
• MFA in Theatre Design/Production or BA in Theatre preferred or commensurate professional experience.
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching Theatre Design/Production at the college level.
• Demonstration of inclusive pedagogical practices that advance SCU goals of diversity and equity.
• Experience in sound design.
• Experience in multimedia creation and production.