Arts Production Specialist 4
Arts Production Specialist 4
The Pennsylvania State University, Hetzel Union Building (HUB) Robeson Center, seeks an Assistant Production Manager to join a staff that produces live events at Penn State's student union facilities. The Assistant Production Manager will work closely and collaborate with the Production Manager in coordinating effective delivery of services and meeting the immediate production needs of artists and presenters who use production management services.
• Direct lighting, sound, stage, video, front-of-house, and usher crews during events; operation of equipment in these same areas during performances may also be required
• Provide technical support and consultation to the HUB Events Management and Technical Service Staff
• Attend pre-production meetings and provide advancement support for assigned events
• Assist with inventory and maintenance of production equipment and audio-visual systems
• Duties may include hanging/focusing/programming intelligent lighting instruments, setting up audio, video, and production network systems, and assembling scenic elements during load in and load out of events
The successful candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills; multitasking abilities; ability to work with diverse groups of people; ability to train student and other part time staff in a variety of skills; and excellent organization abilities. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Typically requires a Bachelor's degree plus five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Pennsylvania State University and Student Affairs are committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission. Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2268137
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.