Assistant Company Manager
Goodspeed Musicals is seeking an Assistant Company Manager to provide exemplary care and hospitality to the artists in residence at Goodspeed for the duration of their time with Goodspeed. Also be a point of contact and support to all artists employed by the organization, assisting Company Manager to address their needs.
Job Title: Assistant Company Manager
Reports to: Company Manager
Department: Company Management
FLSA Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Wage/Compensation Range: $16-18/hr, with housing (utilities included), insurance,
paid time off, and paid holidays provided
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the
community we serve. Goodspeed Musicals is committed to creating an equitable,
inclusive, and accessible workplace environment, and is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Women, non-gender binary/trans individuals, BIPOC (Black,
Indigenous, and People of Color), and people with disabilities are STRONGLY
encouraged to apply.
General Statement of Job Function: Provide exemplary care and hospitality to the
artists in residence at Goodspeed for the duration of their time with Goodspeed. Also be a
point of contact and support to all artists employed by the organization, assisting
Company Manager to address their needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate elements of artist/resident transportation including but not limited to:
travel to necessary appointments for routine and emergency medical needs,
coordinating transportation services with volunteer guild, weekly shopping trips,
and the Company Management Car Share Program.
• Coordinate elements of artist/staff housing including: preparing arrival packets,
preparing linen sets, coordination of cleaning services for housing (and providing
follow-up as needed), preparing rooms and houses, and greeting artists/staff upon
• Provide rehearsal and performance related support by participating in the “on
call” schedule for rehearsals and performances.
• Coordinate utility and maintenance concerns with Building Services.
• In conjunction with the Company Manager, coordinate and serve meal service
during technical periods at the Goodspeed Opera House and the Norma Terris
Theatre, as well as other meal/beverage provision as requested, and providing
appropriate options/respect for specific dietary needs/restrictions as they arise.
• Maintain first aid supplies for Stage Management and Company Management at
both The Goodspeed and The Terris Theatre.
• Collaborate with Company Manager to supervise Company Management
Associate as appropriate.
• Assist Company Manager as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Respect for Goodspeed’s mission and drive, including the understanding that the
focus of our work is to support the artistic and creative process—and people—at
the heart of making musical theatre.
• Honesty and sense of humor.
• Ability to treat confidential information with the utmost discretion.
• Exhibit interpersonal savvy, which includes relating comfortably to a variety of
personalities; cultivating and maintaining positive relationships; employing
discretion, diplomacy, and tact; seeking the positive in all situations.
• Comfortably and effectively cope with change and ambiguity, which includes
effectively transitioning between tasks and timelines; identifying priorities and
making good decisions with a minimum of information; staying relaxed and
proactive when things are uncertain; confidently managing risk and uncertainty.
• A commitment to an equitable work environment, which includes use of gender
inclusive language; support for individual gender expression, racial equity and
inter-generational collaboration; accessibility for people with disabilities; and
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to lift 50lbs.
• Proficiency on Microsoft Office and Google Workplace and Forms.
• Proven success working well as part of a team.
• Ability to problem-solve independently, often under pressure.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and must have
• Night and weekend work is required.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• 1-3 years’ experience in theatre (Stage Management, Company Management, or
General Management) preferred.
• Hotel/Hospitality, Event Planning, or Culinary experience
HOW TO APPLY: PLEASE SEND A COVER LETTER, RESUME, AVAILABILITY AND LIST OF THREE REFERENCES TO JOBS@GOODSPEED.ORG WITH THE SUBJECT LINE "ASSISTANT COMPANY MANAGER".