Assistant Professor of Costume Design – CCM
The University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) seeks an experienced and accomplished full-time tenure-track assistant professor of Costume Design to serve as an instructor and head of the Costume Design track as part of the MFA/BFA Costume Design and Technology program.
Faculty duties include:
• Teaching courses for MFA/BFA programs in introductory and advanced level Costume Design
• Serving as one of two resident costume designers, designing as needed, and advisors for the Division’s productions in drama, musical theatre, opera, dance (ballet and modern) and other events.
• Assisting in placing and coordinating student internships and outside work.
• Playing a major role in the recruitment of both MFA and BFA students
• Advising and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students.
• Providing service to the college and university through participation on various committees.
For a full job description, and to apply online, please go to this link http://bit.ly/2W9Uqjp
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES
OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates must: hold a terminal degree in costume design or equivalent professional experience; have a minimum of three years of professional costume design experience; have experience teaching or mentoring. Essential to the position is a thorough understanding of current industry standards and practices.