Assistant Professor, Theatre Arts (Acting/Directing Emphasis) (Riverside City College)
Assistant Professor, Theatre Arts (Acting/Directing Emphasis)
Riverside City College, 4800 Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, California 92505
Full-Time, Tenure Track Position
Salary Range: $67,510 - $104,015/Annual
Application Deadline: 02/28/2020
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching a variety of acting courses, directing up to two department productions per academic year in collaboration with faculty/staff; supervising students; and teaching lecture and/or laboratory courses in general theatre courses as needed. The ideal candidate will be equity minded, will share the College's and the department's commitment to educating its racially, ethnically and socioeconomically diverse student population, and will be experienced in culturally-responsive pedagogical practices for engaging Latinx/Hispanic, African-American, Native-American, and Pacific Islander students, which are historically underserved.
Master's degree or MFA in theatre or the equivalent, with an acting and/or directing emphasis, is required.
Demonstrated successful teaching experience in theatre arts is required. Experience teaching at the community college or baccalaureate level is highly desirable. Demonstrated experience and commitment to excellence in teaching community college students is highly desired. Evidence of directing experience at the college or university level and/or professional experience in the field required. Experience in other areas of theatre education welcome (voice, movement, IPA, stage combat, etc.).
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Evidence of a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The instructional assignment will include lecture and/or laboratory classes in the discipline.
2. Assignments are based upon the assumption of workload of forty hours weekly, including but not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, student evaluation, office hours, committee work, curriculum and program development, student learning outcomes assessment, program review, student activities, and other duties per the bargaining unit agreement.
3. Institutional service activities are expected of all faculty members.
4. Participation in discipline/department decision making processes and work regarding curriculum, program development and other matters are also expected of all department faculty.
5. Responsibilities also include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
RCCD is an EEO Employer