Assistant Technical Director
Assistant Technical Director
The Assistant Technical Director is responsible for assisting the Technical Director in the implementation and supervision of the execution of the Scenic Designs for all the productions, including their creation, transportation, installation, and removal. This is a 9-month position.
REPORTS TO: Chair(s) of the Department of Theatre
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Mentor Design/Technology majors and minors for master carpenter and other scenic shop related assignments for Department of Theatre productions in conjunction with Design Faculty and production staff.
• Assist the Technical Director with the supervision of student productions work calls including but not limited to load-in, strikes and builds.
• Uphold the production guidelines as listed in the Department of Theatre Handbook regarding:
• Crew assignments (Acting majors and minors)
• Production assignments (Design/Technology majors and minors)
• Production Etiquette
• Distribute/monitor/manage cash advances for all student designers on Departmental productions and receipt return for the students, and guest designers.
• Alternate supervision of student crews in technical rehearsals and production performances in the Black Box and the Olmsted with the Technical Director. Be on call for any emergencies that occur during the run of show.
• Work on general maintenance of scene shop and building.
• Help in creating working drawings for scenic elements.
• Assist the Technical Director in the management of the scene shop - including monitoring and working with students in the scene shop.
• Be available for all crew calls, spacing rehearsals, tech rehearsals and dress rehearsals and strikes as needed.
• Help to maintain the safety standards of the scenic shop and ensure that the students are following safety protocols and standards established by the department and university.
• Attend all staff meetings and faculty meetings as needed.
• Rigging and welding knowledge
• Other duties as assigned by the Chair(s), Department of Theatre.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Ability to be organized and pay attention to detail, multi-task, and maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to prioritize workload among academic, production, and departmental missions.
• Ability to teach, inspire, and motivate student crews and workers, and to apply consistent standards of grading and production practice.
• Ability and commitment to modeling professional behavior.
• Working knowledge of theatrical carpentry, lighting equipment and practices, sound and rigging systems, and troubleshooting and equipment maintenance skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Q Lab, and computer-aided drafting programs (either AutoCAD or VectorWorks).
• Must be available on select nights and weekends.
• Three references
• Ability to lift minimum of 50 pounds.
• Ability to climb ladders and use mechanical lifts.
• BA / BFA Design or Technical Theatre (or equivalent academic degree) required.
• Two to four years of prior related experience required.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2462328
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.