Director of Production, Schwarzman Center at Yale
The Schwarzman Center at Yale University is dedicated to cultural programming and student life at the center of the university. It brings together students and faculty alike from all of Yale’s schools and colleges, with the help of state-of-the-art technology. The university-wide center serves as an educational, social, dining and cultural hub while engaging with global audiences.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Director of Production will have oversight of all aspects of performance-based production activity in 5+ multi-purpose venues in the center, ensuring smooth operations and safety throughout the process. Manage Schwarzman Center (SC) production team and production budget. Create an inclusive and respectful working environment around production activity at the Schwarzman Center. Carry out duties while exercising a high degree of autonomy and discretion.
For more information, please see https://schwarzman.yale.edu
*Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in theater or related field and a minimum of 8 years of related experience; or the equivalent combination of education or experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Preferred MFA degree in theater production. ETCP and/or OSHA certifications welcome.
Skills & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of standard practices and equipment in the areas of theatrical lighting, rigging, sound, and projection.
2. Knowledge of production-related health and safety best practices and concerns and ability to identify and correct potential hazards.
3. Strong demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and flexibly with a large number of faculty, staff, students, interns, community members, guest artists, and other professionals representing a wide diversity of personalities and cultures.
4. Strongly proven ability to manage and prioritize complex work load in a calm and professional manner. Ability to work nights and weekends when required.
5. Outstanding oral and written communication skills.