Does this story sound familiar?
It's your first day as ME at a new Theatre. You're standing in the absolute disaster that is the electrics shop. You scan the situation, and calculate:
• Condition of fixtures, equipment, tools and expendable inventory
• Shop space allocations and work flow optimization
• Time, personnel, and material resources
Then you head out to the theatre to get a handle on THAT mess.
Now fast forward through all the hard work. It's opening night and someone introduces you as "The one who makes the magic happen." It's a nice compliment, but you know that the "magic" is your skill, your experience, and your organization.
Barbizon needs that skill, experience, and organization. As a Barbizon Service Technician you'll:
• Provide excellent external and internal customer service
• Advise systems integrators on system design
• Evaluate project site conditions and status
• Provide efficient and effective telephone support for our customers
• Troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade lighting equipment and related controls
• Impress customers, contractors, and passersby with your cool, collected confidence
Barbizon technicians have been magicians since 1947. Along the way they've been well compensated and received a nice package of benefits. Not a bad deal. Interested?
Required Skills Include:
• Excellent interpersonal, time management, and problem solving skills.
• Strong aptitude with mechanical and electrical systems
• Knowledge of analog and digital control techniques
• Understanding of Network protocols (DMX, RDM, etc)
• Knowledge of high voltage safety
• The ability to read and understand schematics and mechanical drawings
• Exceptional verbal and written skills
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
• The ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Background in Film, Theater, or Broadcast Industries
• Valid driver's license with clean driving record