Fabric Artist - Theatrical & Industrial Sewing
We are a custom design and fabrication company that specializes in theatrical and entertainment-based props, costumes, and animatronics. We are looking to add two or more employees to our Fabric Department. Over Hire/Temporary, Full-Time, and Part-Time positions are available. Our typical hiring process includes an initial 90-day introductory or project time based period where the employee is considered as an Over Hire. If work is still available and both employee and employer are interested in continuing employment Full-Time status may be offered, although Part-Time positions may also be available for those candidates not seeking Full-Time status.
Candidates must have experience in a variety of fabric construction techniques such as flat patterning, hand stitching, and industrial sewing machines. Additional techniques and skills such as computer aided pattern drafting, draping, dying, equipment maintenance, inventory management, technical design, project management, and team management are highly valued and sought out.
• Read and Follow Patterns and Written Instructions
• Industrial Sewing Machines Operation & Maintenance
• Hand Stitching
• Experience in Sewing a Wide Variety of Fabrics
• Flat Patterning
• Written & Verbal Communication
Additional Skills Preferred
• Computer Aided Pattern Drafting (Rhino)
• Inventory Management
• Project Management
• Team Management
• Microsoft Office Suite Products
• Adobe Products
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Coordinate with Production Manager to set goals and meet timelines.
• Coordinate with Art Director for style, materials and techniques.
• Provide constructive performance feedback and quality control support in our Fabric Department.
• Maintain high level of productivity and finished quality.
• Communicate equipment and supply needs with the Production Manager and Purchasing Department.
• Communicate all production concerns, alterations, or material changes to the Production Manager and Art Director.
• Interpret drawings or written instructions to determine method and sequence.
• Responsible for keeping department organized, safe and clean.
• Perform baseline maintenance of equipment.
• Use all safety equipment and follow all safety procedures.
• Observe work in progress to ensure that procedures are followed and materials used conform to specifications.
• Examine workmanship of finished products for conformity to drawings.
• Follows chain of command at all times.
• Work overtime when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Over Hire/Temporary, Full-Time, and Part-Time Available