Field Service Coordinator
The role of Field Service Coordinator is essential to the scheduling of our service team, tracking repairs, and serving as the liaison between the Service and the Project team. This is a full-time position based out of the VLS Solon, OH office. This position will focus on customer service and operational support of our teams in the field. A successful candidate will be a motivated individual who is interested in providing best-in-class customer service and has the organizational skills to manage multiple activities.
Reports to: Director of Project Delivery
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Respond to customer inquiries and repair requests via walk-ins, phone, email, or ticketing system.
• Daily Management of the Repair Ticketing system by performing the following functions:
Respond to Tickets within the first response window parameters.
Assign tickets to service technicians based on availability and knowledge of the issue.
Follow up on tickets and maintain quality notes about the issues/solutions/resolutions
• Coordinate the schedule of the field service team with internal project teams
• Maintain and keep organized the service repair area in the Solon warehouse.
• Track all customer property in our possession and ensure communication flow with customers regarding their repairs.
• Provide invoicing support for the field service team to ensure timely and accurate billings.
• Provide operational support for the field service team including ordering of materials, coordinating shipping and receiving of service materials.
• Maintain proper records and files for:
All equipment that needs or has been repaired by the service department.
Project Department service activity. o Technical and engineering drawings and information.
Service department inventory of parts, swap out and repair equipment, supplies, and tools.
• Work with outside vendors to arrange for parts, supplies, and additional repair services.
• Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
Qualifications and Education:
• Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must have good communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Must have good organizational skills, being prompt and accurate in submitting service reports, invoicing, as well as monthly expense reports.
• Working knowledge of lighting systems and their proper application is strongly desirable.
• Experience with Freshdesk, and Quickbooks is recommended but not required.
• Must have the ability to organize, prioritize, and follow directions.
• Must be able to pass a 5-panel drug screen.
VLS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and a drug-free workplace.