Field Technician Lighting
Field Technician Lighting
• Norcostco is a national theatrical services and retail company with markets in Costume Rental, Equipment Rental, Makeup Sales, Technical Sales, and Technical Installation
• Norcostco is looking for a new member to join our team to be our Field Service Technician/ System installer.
The Field Technician’s job at Norcostco will be responsible for lighting system startups, commissioning, repairs and maintenance while coordinating with the Project Managers to help complete our project installations, as well as coordinate with end users to get repairs on their systems completed. The technician should be able communicate with a wide variety of people, including contractors, facilities operators, and building owners. They will operate in many different environments including cold to hot; construction to final clean; on the ground and aerial lifts
• Provide Field support which can include overnight stays with potential occasional evenings and weekends
• Installation or repairing of equipment necessary for functional lighting systems
• Commissioning of Lighting systems
• Performs effective end-user and technician training.
• Ensures repairs are made within the time frame both in field and in house
• Provide support for service calls and equipment repair
• Developing/finishing Paperwork including as builts, and training manuals
• Provide Preventative Maintenance Service to Rental inventory
• If not scheduled for projects or field work employee is expected to help rental equipment as applicable or other duties as applied by manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of comparable experience in the related discipline
• All levels of previous job-related experience will be considered
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks without general supervision
• Theatrical lighting experience including knowledge of DMX, RDM, Patching, and Basic Network
• Knowledge of high-powered electrical, digital, and analog control systems
• Basic Knowledge of NEC and Life safety Codes
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong degree of flexibility and independence
• Computer skills - Intermediate technology skills including understanding of Microsoft products and web portals.
• Able to use hand tools, power tools, and electronic test tools
• Able to travel extensively up to 90% of the year including air travel
• Must maintain an acceptable driving record, valid driver’s license, clean background, valid car insurance
• Able to work within a construction environment
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Able to work at heights and aerial lifts.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Factory/Manufacturer Service Certifications
• ETCP Lighting Certifications
• Autcad experience