Collegiate School seeks a Lighting Director for the 2020-21 school year. The successful candidate will be part of a collaborative team that supports a vibrant Fine Arts program and school community. This position will significantly contribute to the operation of the newly renovated Oates Theater and maintaining its reputation as the premier mid-size theater in Central Virginia. This is a full-time, benefited, eleven-month position.
• Manage all aspects of lighting consoles in each school venue.
• Setup, program and operate lighting for specified school rehearsals, productions and assemblies.
• Working with the Technical Director and Show Director in design layout and needs for productions.
• Bachelor’s degree in theatrical lighting design or related field
• Extensive operational knowledge of various lighting consoles including ETC and High End Systems
• Expertise of operation in theatrical lighting and projection equipment
• Ability to demonstrate the technical aspects of lighting design in order to train students to assist with the technical side of productions
• Preferably the ability to setup and run a sixteen-channel sound console
• Expertise in drafting software such as Vectorworks or AutoCad.
• Proficiency with MS office (Power Point, Excel, and Word)
• Facility with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop