Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts presents leading artists in Rock, Pop, Indie, Jazz, Broadway and Classical at the 7,028 capacity amphitheatre The Filene Center, located in America’s only National Park for the Performing Arts, as well as Rock, Pop, Indie, Jazz, Folk, World, Cabaret, and Comedy at the 382 capacity theatre The Barns at Wolf Trap located next to our Center for Education. We seek a Production Manager to manage all aspects of day-to-day concert production in order to ensure successful performances, across all Wolf Trap Foundation assigned spaces.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Associate’s degree preferred; minimum 5-7 years working with light, sound, and AV production in a convention center, arena, theater or road show environment
* Minimum 5 years management experience
* Demonstrated experience in stage management technical direction, scenery construction, sound reinforcement and lighting
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Must have strong working knowledge of facility management, equipment stage craft, theatrical production as well as a strong attention to details and ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
* Must be able to read technical drawings, lighting/audio plots, and Ground & Rigging plans
* Must have a working knowledge in Auto CAD and/or Vectorworks
* Demonstrated knowledge of modern digital and analog production sound, lighting and AV technologies
* Ability to read and implement technical riders for stage presentations
* Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to create solutions when there is a change in plans
* Demonstrated understanding of union environments including the ability to understand and interpret union contracts, resolve disputes and manage workers in a consistent and fair manner.
* Proven leadership and project management ability in the performing arts
* Must pass a background check
* Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts