Troika Entertainment is currently seeking a Production Manager with 5+ plus years of experience in theatrical production to oversee of the mounting of the physical production, technical personnel and operations of multiple touring productions both domestically and internationally.
• Primary point of contact for all designers and technical staff for calendar, budget, and the generation of the physical production.
• Manages the entirety of the production budget including tracking spending and reconciling expenses in all production departments.
• Manages the entirety of the production calendar, and acts as the liaison with stage management and designers during tech.
• Assembles information for and runs all Production Meetings, including during tech and previews.
• Responsible for all staffing, hiring, and contracting of show road crew, production teams, and local tech labor projections.
• Responsible for establishing the physical parameters for each department to meet the budget requirements for allotted truck space and scope overall.
• Manages the bidding and awarding process for trucking, scenery, LX, Audio, Projections, Automation, outfitting, and specialty items. Oversees the creation of bid documents.
• Oversees and approves the ongoing builds, including approving working drawings, on-site time in the shops, and attending tech.
• Works with Lighting, Automation, Projections, and Audio on rig integration, custom needs as required, and overall rig size to meet trucking and load in parameters.
• Coordinates all trucking and ground logistics up to and including the tech period.
• Coordinates rehearsal hall load ins and load outs including New York local labor and/or load outs from Broadway theatres.
• Supervises tours’ head carpenter to ensure that all advances are complete, yellow card numbers are met (not exceeded), and jumps are working well.
About Troika Entertainment:
Troika Entertainment is a theatrical production company producing touring musical theatre productions throughout North America and internationally. We are based in Rockville, MD a suburb of Washington DC. The location of our corporate office provides the comfort of suburban living while being easily accessible to NYC by train. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, which includes a comprehensive benefits package. Periodic weekend and evening work is expected. For more information please visit our website at www.troika.com.
All applicants should send an updated resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
The Production Manager candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in technical theater, and/or equivalent production experience. The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge of all aspects of technical theater, excellent communication and paperwork skills and a minimum of 5+ years of experience. Candidates with touring experience are preferred.