• Function as part of the Production staff to plan, schedule and coordinate various departments and production staff for opera season and all other opera house events.
• Directly supervise all technical elements of production throughout the year.
• Maintain all technical drawings for Sarasota Opera productions and performances spaces.
• Manage and oversee the opera warehouse, its maintenance, stock, and the scenery and props inventory which is also housed onsite.
• Attend all departmental, design, and production meetings, as well as attend all technical rehearsals and performances.
• Arrange and supervise the load-In, change over, and strike of all scenic, prop and lighting elements.
• Serve as the facility technical director for various rental events through the year. Coordinate schedule, crew requirements and technical requirements with each renter.
• Supervise the on-site assembly and maintenance of scenery and the construction of props for all operas. Facilitate these projects by purchasing materials and supplies as needed.
• Assist the Director of Production in the recruitment and hiring of necessary IATSE crew and seasonal staff.
• Oversee the maintenance of all Production related equipment and systems.
• Other duties as they may be assigned.
For more information please visit https://www.sarasotaopera.org/careers