The Technical Director has primary responsibility for supporting technical aspects of Piedmont Players Theatre performances and related activities, including lighting, sound, and set construction. The Technical Director works closely with performance directors and other artistic resources to bring the show to life. The Technical Director is also responsible for the day-to-day management of the PPT facilities, including routine maintenance.
• Preferred: B.A. degree in Theatre Arts or equivalent experience.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings or other artistic renderings.
• Current knowledge of lighting and audio technology, including proficient in signal flow and audio troubleshooting, cable repair, analog and digital consoles, and basic audio editing.
• Preferred experience with QLab, DBX Drive Rack, Ashly Protea, and QSE Q-SYS
• Must be proficient in ETC Eos and Element software.
• Experience in hanging and focusing lights and perform basic lighting maintenance.
• Preferred experience with ETC Paradigm and CEM controllers.
• Experience mixing for a live audience.
• Basic understanding of projection, video signal flow, and Pro Presenter, and basic video editing.
• Comfortable working at heights.
• Experience with basic power tools.