Cornish College of the Arts is looking for an experienced Technical Supervisor. This person will be responsible for technical management of all the Cornish venues, the scene shop and the costume shop. This position collaborates with Department Heads, Production and administrative staff, to plan and manage the technical needs of external and internal usage of the Cornish Venues. It is a key position that provides support to departments and staff so student productions meet our high-quality standards and run smoothly.
The ideal candidate will be a people person who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment. They will be motivated, organized, creative, forward-thinking, with an ability to solve problems and manage multiple projects at once. They should have a passion for education and the arts.
The mission of Cornish is to provide students aspiring to become practicing artists with an educational program of the highest possible quality, in an environment that nurtures creativity and intellectual curiosity, while preparing them to contribute to society as artists, citizens, and innovators. Cornish realizes this mission by offering baccalaureate studies in the performing and visual arts and by serving as a focal point in the community for public presentation, artistic criticism, participation and discussion of the arts. Located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, Cornish provides a rich environment for aspiring artists and inspiring educators.
Please submit the following items to our email, Careers@Cornish.edu:
1) Cover Letter or Letter of Interest
2) Resume or C.V.
3) Cornish Employment Application Form (https://www.cornish.edu/human-resources/jobs/ )
• Undergrad Degree in Technical Theater or Production or equivalent experience
• Five to seven years’ experience in a theater environment, educational or professional
• Three to Five years’ experience in management
• Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate
• Supervisory experience in theatrical production setting; strong leadership skills
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse population and a variety of constituents