D. L. Adams Associates (DLAA), Inc. is hiring a theatre consultant/designer. The position is a salaried position in our Denver office for an immediate start. Applicants should have 2-5 years of theatre systems consulting and design experience.
He or she will be responsible for design, documentation, and coordination for theatrical building systems. Project management responsibilities will be expected. Additional responsibilities include attending design meetings and work sessions, conference/online calls with architects, owners and end users to develop theatre systems designs.
We provide theatre system designs and consulting for projects ranging from school auditoriums to professional performance spaces. We have completed projects throughout the US and internationally.
A successful candidate will participate and lead in:
· Programming and Conceptual Design
· Theatre and Concert Hall Planning and Design
· Seating Systems Layout and Design
· Sightline Analyses
· Theatrical Rigging and Drapery System Design
· Performance Lighting System Design
· Cost Estimating and Life Cycle Cost Analysis
· Theatre Assessments
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage projects from proposal through construction administration
· Consulting and design of theatre systems
· Assessment of existing theatres and systems
· Attend meetings and work sessions
· Production of construction documents and specifications
· Review of shop drawing submittals
· Respond to RFIs
At DLAA we value our people and are committed to providing a dynamic culture, competitive salaries, exceptional work environment, and great benefits including paid health insurance, a 401k pension and profit sharing plan, and generous paid time off.
We are currently working remotely.
· 2-5 years consulting experience
· Strong analytical abilities and proficient technical writing skills
· Good understanding of architecture and theatrical systems
· Comfortable and confident in meetings
· Theatre technical or performance experience
· Good understanding of architectural project workflows (SD/DD/CD/CA) and project management
· Strong teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
· Ability to multi‐task and prioritize
· Willingness to learn