Visual Content Coordinator
USITT has an immediate need for a detail-oriented visual storyteller with social media experience to supervise and maintain USITT’s digital brand across platforms. This person also develops and implements, in concert with the Engagement Team, a yearly visual content plan to promote the organization.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Conceive and create multiple regular displays of digital content across platforms (videos, photos, GIFs, memes, etc.) to enhance USITT’s visual presence while keeping to brand standards.
- Develop and implement short-format video content across social platforms (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, etc.) as well as longer format video content for website, YouTube, and other systems.
- Working with Content Assistant, coordinate all posts across the social media spectrum on a regular basis.
- Work with USITT’s branding agency to create graphics and/or video for USITT event promotion to post to website and social media.
- Post original photo and video content from (and during) USITT events across digital platforms and curate content from outside sources to engage member interests.
- Create, manage, and schedule ads on digital platforms for USITT programs and events.
Location and Work Hours
The position is remote however, you may elect to work from USITT’s National Office in Liverpool, NY. Remote employees will work 40 hours per week in synchrony with the set schedule of the National Office (Eastern Time), regardless of actual location. There will be occasional travel to include your on-boarding office visit and to cover various USITT and USITT-related events throughout the year. Additionally, you will be an essential member of the onsite staff at the Annual Conference & Stage Expo, held for one week each March at locations throughout the U.S. This required assignment will include mandatory hours worked in excess of 40 hours for that week. Travel and housing will be provided.
This position works primarily with the Engagement Team, Sales & Events Team, and Education & Training Team. Occasionally this position will work with outside stakeholders such as contractors and the Board of Directors.
Compensation and Benefits:
The hiring salary range for this position is $42,000 - $46,000 annually. Compensation also includes the USITT benefits package which includes paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, and employer contributions to medical, dental and retirement plans.
Please fill out the brief Application Form at https://usitt.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/1266/home
A sample of video work must be provided. Additional digital work samples are encouraged. A link to a digital portfolio will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Position open until filled. The position may be closed for applications at any time. Applications will be reviewed by staff immediately upon receipt and applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by email.
No phone calls, please.
USITT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
- Experience in video editing, webpage creation, and graphic design is a necessity.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn the basics of the theatrical and live entertainment design and technology industry to better understand member needs is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, a positive outlook, and a proven ability to develop a rapport with colleagues is essential as is the ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects with overlapping tight deadlines with accuracy.