LiNK for Acting
Auditions: Friday, November 8
Institutions interviewing for Acting in 2019:
As schools register we will list them here. Please check back often.
All information has been provided by the institution. If you have questions regarding their programs please contact them directly. Thank you.
Applicants will pre-register, apply, and submit recommended materials online. Upon arrival, candidates are to check-in at the registration desk to receive program materials.
The registration desk will be open from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Thursday, November 7th and Friday morning at 8:00 am.
Prior to the event, you will receive your audition number with a detailed schedule and more
information via email. There will be a mandatory briefing in the audition room at 8:30 am, where you
will also have time with the accompanist. Auditions will begin at 9:30 am. Callbacks will be scheduled
with each school individually between 11am and 6pm. *Please note that the callback schedule is subject
to change. Schools will assume that you are available for callbacks, so do your best to make sure you are able to stay until the end! Download full schedule
- The audition room will be open for you to walk through and rehearse with the accompanist. Please remember to be considerate of others while you are warming up. You will report to a holding room in groups of 10 – 20 (depending on the number of auditionees registered) before going into the audition room.
- Each group will take approximately 30 – 60 minutes. When you are on stage, state your name
and audition number, present your audition piece, and repeat your name and audition number
at the end.
- Time limits are not to be exceeded. TIME BEGINS WITH THE FIRST WORDS OUT OF YOUR
MOUTH. You will have two minutes and 30 seconds for your audition.
- No props are allowed for auditions. A chair will be provided.
- You will be expected to present both a classical and a contemporary piece during your
audition time. If you plan to sing as part of your audition, your music selection should
replace the contemporary piece. However, you may do all three (classical monologue,
contemporary monologue and song) if you feel you can accomplish all three within your
- Each auditionee should wait briefly for a signal from the timekeeper before beginning
- If an auditionee goes over time, the timekeeper will say, "Thank You!" If that happens,
you should stop, state your name and audition number, and return to your seat. Those
who keep going when time is called appear to be unprepared and disrespectful of
- If you sing, bring sheet music for the accompanist. Make sure your music is marked
appropriately and easy to read. If you have a cue line, that should be written on your music. You
will not be allowed to accompany yourself on an instrument, sing a capella, or use recorded
music of any kind.
After all members of your group have completed their auditions, college representatives will begin making selections for interviews with those they wish to see again. Callbacks are posted in a designated area. Each school's callback location is posted on the callback sheets. Callbacks may proceed throughout the afternoon. Any follow-up is the responsibility of the auditionee and/or college or university concerned.
Housing is available at a discounted rate (valid through October 24) at the Crowne Plaza. Book your room here.