Rising Star Awards
Eligibility and Criteria
Submission deadline: November 2021
The Rising Star Award, sponsored by LDI/Live Design, is given annually to a young professional at the beginning of their career. The award recognizes excellence and artistic achievement in the areas of scenic, lighting, sound, and projection design, or the convergence of these design disciplines. Recipients must be in the first four years of professional (non-academic) work following the completion of his or her highest degree. The 2021 Rising Star Award winner will receive $2,000, a one-year USITT individual membership, and a complimentary Conference registration to the 2021 Annual Conference & Stage Expo.
Requirements and Criteria
- Current USITT members are invited to nominate deserving young professionals for this award.
- To be eligible, nominees must be in their first four years of professional (nonacademic) work following the completion of their highest degree.
- Confirmation of nomination will be sent to the nominee with an invitation to complete their award submission.
- Successful nominees will demonstrate their professional accomplishments by submitting up to eight (8) representative samples of their work, two (2) letters of support, and a current professional resume or link to their web site.
- Nominees are judged for their range of knowledge and for their integration of skills, craft, and artistry as demonstrated by their work.
- Nominations open October 2021.
- Complete Nominee Submission due November 2021
- The Rising Star Award will be presented at the USITT Annual Conference & Stage Expo.