New York City Vectorworks Entertainment User Group Holding Webinar on Sound Design
January 14, 2021
On Monday, Jan. 18, 2021, the New York City Vectorworks Entertainment User Group is holding a webinar meeting with Sound Designer and Professor, Sun Hee Kil, who will cover new USITT/TSDCA Sound Drafting Standards and working in Vectorworks for theatrical sound design applications. This will take place on Monday, January 18 at 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and will be held online via Zoom.
Presenter, Sun Hee Kil, will showcase:
- New USITT/TSDCA Sound Drafting Standards briefly showing before & after sound plots of drafting standards—such as Speaker Plots (Ground Plan, Section View, & Front Elevation), Orchestra Pit Plot, Rack drawings, Signal line diagram, Intercom & Video plot, etc.
- Speaker Plots—how to draw in 3D using Audio tool in Spotlight stage using 2D scenic drawings & 3D scenic drawings and generate Viewports.
- Importing speaker AutoCAD files from manufacturers and putting it into Symbol library and how to put it into Audio tool.
- Exporting into dxf file and using the Meyer Sound speaker prediction software.
- Exporting into Sketchup file and using the L-Acoustics & d&b audiotechnik speaker prediction software.
- Drawing Orchestra Pit Plot, Rack drawings, Intercom & video plots, Signal Line Diagram using symbol library
For further information, send an email to the user group leaders: Diana Kesselschmidt at VWX@DianaK.com, Kevin Lee Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Steve Backo at email@example.com.