Registration Now Open for the National Collaborators Conference
September 11, 2020
The Stage Managers’ Association (SMA) and Ohio Valley USITT (OVS) are pleased to announce the National Collaborators Conference to take place on October 9-11, “virtually” at Playhouse Square in Cleveland, OH. We are pleased to partner with The Collaborator Party, The Theatrical Sound Designers and Composers (TSDCA), and Playhouse Square, Cleveland in this unique, entertainment-based, conference which will be produced by Broadway Unlocked. Additional sponsorship provided by Theatre Art Life.
This national (and international) gathering will include discussions on the art of the Indigenous Ceremony; Sound Design, artist or engineer (sponsor TSDCA); Producing events for national sports teams; Caregiving for the production team; Intimacy choreography for the production team, as well as a number of design-focused charettes on how to re-ignite your creativity during the pandemic. In total the conference will feature over 25 unique workshop sessions, virtual tours of Playhouse Square and a showcase of stage management paperwork.
- Sports Events Management, featuring representatives from the Cleveland Indians, the Vegas Golden Knights, the San Francisco 49ers, and more (Sponsored by TheatreArtLife)
- Intimacy Choreography: Best practices for the entire production team
- Caregiving for the production team
- Sound Design, artist or engineer (sponsor TSDCA)
- The Behind the Scenes Magic of Weddings in India
- Traditional Indigenous Ceremonies in the US and Abroad
- The Annual Peggy Ezekiel Adjudicated Design Exhibit
- Stage Management Paperwork, a historical showcase
- Virtual Tour of Playhouse Square, the largest performing arts district outside of NYC
- Discovering unconventional jobs in which you can utilize your performing arts skills to earn income
- Spark your Creativity, a two-part series of design charettes in lighting, scenic, costumes, and more. Introductory sessions on Friday, Sharing sessions on Sunday.
Our Special Keynote speaker will be announced shortly!
The SMA is pleased to partner with Ohio Valley USITT who will also be presenting, to the conference, their annual Peggy Ezekiel Adjudicated Theatrical Design and Technical Showcase for members who live and work in the Ohio Valley Region.
Understanding the difficult financial times for our worldwide industry, Registration is only $50 (USD) for individual attendees with discounts for SMA, TLA and OVS members. Special group rates for educational institutions are also available on the registration site.
Exhibitors who are interested in sponsoring or purchasing a space in our virtual exhibit hall please contact Mandalyn Stevens, Exhibit Manager.
Colleges/Universities Click Here. (for Saturday’s virtual college fair)