USITT's small grants are available for projects up to $20,000. The grant will support research and activity that will create a positive impact on the theatre industry.
- Applicants must be current individual, professional, early career, senior, or student members. Organizational members are not eligible to apply.
- Proposals will be accepted for projects up to $20,000. There is no minimum project amount.
- USITT Board Members or members of the Grants & Fellowships Committee are not eligible to apply.
- Previous grant recipients from 2014 or earlier are eligible to receive funding for the 2020 cycle.
- Applications are being accepted in all disciplines.
- Project Narrative: This is to be a clear, concise description of the goals, methods, and anticipated outcomes of the proposed project. This is a SUMMARY of the project. Indicate the research and activity involved in the project and how it will create positive impact on the industry.
- Budget: Provide a complete budget including all expenditures involved in the project. List all sources of funding (indicate whether this funding is secured or anticipated). Identify line items funded by the USITT grant. Use appropriate notes to clarify each budget item. USITT does not fund productions or publications.
- Timeline: Provide an outline of the activities to be carried out during the duration of the proposed project.
- Letter of Support: Include one letter of support for the project.
- Optional: work samples or supporting documents may be uploaded if available. Note that the committee may request further supporting documents upon review of the application.
- Deadline for submissions is February 15, 2020.
- Winners will be announced at the 2020 Annual Conference.