Essential Skills for Entertainment Technicians
The vision of the Essential Skills for Entertainment Technicians tests is to provide a uniform set of criteria, basic knowledge, and skills across all fields in the technical arts to promote higher quality for more productive and safe environments for the entertainment industry. Join professionals and educators using eSET to determine your skills.
Employers — Test your novice employees for basic skills knowledge. Capitalize on their strengths, eliminate their weaknesses.
Young professionals — strengthen and support your resume.
All eSET applicants must pass the Basic Terms & Safety exam prior to taking their first subject exam. There is no charge to take the prerequisite exam.
The cost of your first subject exam is $40. Upon successful completion of a subject exam, you will receive a discount code to take your next exam at 50% off. The cost of the online exam includes the practical exam as well.
ALL PRACTICAL EXAMS HAVE BEEN PLACED ON AN INDEFINITE HIATUS WHILE WE REEXAMINE THE SCOPE OF THEIR CONTENT.
A lexicon of terminology for the industry has been created. You can download this list on your smartphone.
- To download on the Apple App Store, click here.
eSET Council Members
- Verda Beth Martell — Theater Consultant at DLR Group; Westlake, Reed, Leskosky, Council Chair
- Carolyn Satter — San Diego Civic Theatres
- Darren E. Levin — Faculty, Middle Tennessee State University
- Tom Hackman — Faculty, Davis & Elkins College
- Jana Henry Funderburk — Faculty, Millikin University