Online Resume Doctors
Online via Zoom — Fridays from April 10 to May 1.
There's no way around it, resumes are the lifeblood of displaying your skills and past work experience to potential employers. Most job interviews you'll encounter will require one, and you'll want to make sure it's visually appealing, has the correct information, and is laid out in an easily digestible way for your potential employer. Sound like a lot of work? It can be, but that's where our Resume Doctors come in.
Our Resume Doctors are industry professionals who know a thing or two about what makes a good resume and what will give it that extra oomph to make it stand out amongst the competition. From minor changes to a complete overhaul, our experts are here for you ... virtually, of course!
Our Resume Doctors will be online ready to assist each Friday from April 10 to May 1, from 2-4 p.m. EDT. This opportunity is open for job-seekers of all ages and stages in their careers.
To have your resume reviewed, please sign up here.
Interested in becoming one of our Resume Doctors? We are looking for reviewers! Sign up here!
Resume Doctors How-To (For Participants Being Reviewed):
- Participants must join the meeting with a computer.
- Log onto the Zoom meeting using the link provided in the SignUp. (Refer to either the PDF in the SignUp description or in the confirmation email you should receive.)
- Participants must enable the use of video and audio on their computers.
- Once in the meeting, the moderator will assign you to a Resume Doctor using a Breakout Room. Participants will receive a Zoom alert to accept the Breakout Room assignment. Should someone not be immediately available, participants will be assigned in the order that they joined the meeting.
- Once in the Breakout Room, the participant should select “Share Screen” by hovering over the bottom of the Zoom window.
- The Reviewer will be able to annotate the resume during the meeting and the participant can save the annotation by selecting the “Save” icon in the Annotation menu.
- Once the review is complete, the participant should select “Leave Meeting” at the bottom right of the Zoom screen so the Reviewer will be quickly able to help the next participant.
- Should you need assistance from the moderator while in the Breakout Room, select “Ask for Help” by hovering over the bottom of the Zoom window. This will alert the moderator and they will enter the Breakout Room to offer assistance.