LiNK For Acting
Applicants will pre-register, apply, and submit recommended materials online. Upon arrival, candidates are to check-in at the registration desk to receive program materials. The registration desk will be open from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Thursday, November 7th and Friday morning at 8:00 am.
Prior to the event, you will receive your audition number with a detailed schedule and more information via email. There will be a mandatory briefing in the audition room at 8:30 am, where you will also have time with the accompanist. Auditions will begin at 9:30 am. Callbacks will be scheduled with each school individually between 11am and 6pm. *Please note that the callback schedule is subject to change. Schools will assume that you are available for callbacks, so do your best to make sure you are able to stay until the end!
- The audition room will be open for you to walk through and rehearse with the accompanist. Please remember to be considerate of others while you are warming up. You will report to a holding room in groups of 10 – 20 (depending on the number of auditionees registered) before going into the audition room.
- Each group will take approximately 30 – 60 minutes. When you are on stage, state your name and audition number, present your audition piece, and repeat your name and audition number at the end.
- Time limits are not to be exceeded. TIME BEGINS WITH THE FIRST WORDS OUT OF YOUR MOUTH. You will have two minutes and 30 seconds for your audition.
- No props are allowed for auditions. A chair will be provided.
- You will be expected to present both a classical and a contemporary piece during your audition time. If you plan to sing as part of your audition, your music selection should replace the contemporary piece. However, you may do all three (classical monologue, contemporary monologue and song) if you feel you can accomplish all three within your audition time.
- Each auditionee should wait briefly for a signal from the timekeeper before beginning their audition.
- If an auditionee goes over time, the timekeeper will say, "Thank You!" If that happens, you should stop, state your name and audition number, and return to your seat. Those who keep going when time is called appear to be unprepared and disrespectful of everyone’s time.
- If you sing, bring sheet music for the accompanist. Make sure your music is marked appropriately and easy to read. If you have a cue line, that should be written on your music. You will not be allowed to accompany yourself on an instrument, sing a capella, or use recorded music of any kind.
After all members of your group have completed their auditions, college representatives will begin making selections for interviews with those they wish to see again. Callbacks are posted in a designated area. Each school's callback location is posted on the callback sheets. Callbacks may proceed throughout the afternoon. Any follow-up is the responsibility of the auditionee and/or college or university concerned.
Housing is available at a discounted rate (valid through October 24) at the Crowne Plaza. Book your room here.
Institutions interviewing for Acting in 2019:
As schools register we will list them here. Please check back often.
All information has been provided by the institution. If you have questions regarding their programs please contact them directly. Thank you.