LiNK For Acting & Musical Theatre
Registration for Applicants: All applicants will pre-register online, then upload required materials online in the Open Water Application. School representatives will have the opportunity to review all submissions in a gallery format prior to the posted LiNK dates. Schools will contact the applicants individually using SLOTTR to schedule interviews on Wednesday 1 December, with additional times on Friday 3 December.
Recruiters will schedule callbacks/interviews with candidates via Slottr, which will be linked from each candidate's virtual portfolio page. Candidates will be able to view scheduled appointments prior to the event.
A required pre-interview Q&A will be available for both candidates and recruiters prior to the start of each day, beginning at 10:00 am ET. A link will be provided. Recruiters will schedule interviews using SLOTTR. All candidates will receive a single Zoom link to log in, and a moderator will send candidates to the breakout room assigned to a recruiting institution. It is recommended that initial interviews occur during the hours of 10:30 am ET and 5:00 pm ET during the designated LiNK dates, but please be open to interviews after those dates. Please note, some recruiters may only offer information sessions, while others may request to see additional audition material.
- • You will have two minutes-thirty seconds for your audition - time stamp should reflect this
- No props
- No slate - your name and application materials will appear in a gallery format
- We recommend audition to include:
- a classical monologue
- a contemporary monologue
- If your focus is musical theatre, we recommend your music selection replace the contemporary piece
- you may choose to do all three (classical monologue, contemporary monologue, and song) if you feel you can accomplish all three within your two minutes-thirty seconds
- Frame your body from the knees up
- Face forward and look just off camera, but do not audition straight into the camera lens.
- Musical pieces should be accompanied by piano or keyboard-only – either live or piano-only track.
- Required video file format includes .MOV .AVI .MP4 (most phones use .MP4 format)
- Files cannot be larger than 200mb
- Files must be labeled: “YOUR NAME LiNK 2021”. i.e. “Mary Smith LiNK 2021”
Institutions interviewing for Acting in 2021:
As schools register we will list them here. Please check back often.
All information has been provided by the institution. If you have questions regarding their programs please contact them directly. Thank you.
- Oklahoma City University
- Southern Methodist University
- Villanova University
- Mary Baldwin University
- Stella Adler Studio of Acting