Agenda Announced for the 2021 Event Safety Summit Sponsored by Take1 Insurance and Intact Specialty Insurance
September 22, 2021
Setting the stage for what promises to be a critically important and timely event safety summit, the Event Safety Alliance announces the initial agenda for its 2021 Event Safety Summit -- a hybrid in-person and virtual 3-day event that will take place December 1-3, 2021 on the campus of Rock Lititz in Lititz, Pennsylvania.
Registration to attend the 2021 Event Safety Summit, either in-person or virtually, can be found at eventsafetysummit.com.
The initial agenda is as follows:
- Insurance: It's the Common Policy Exclusions and Limitations That Will Hurt You
- Communicating the Science: Explaining Safety Requirements for In-Person Attendance
- Where Have All the Workers Gone? The Labor Shortage and What One Can Do About It
- Codes, Standards, and Reasonable Safety Practices for the Event Industry
- Dusting Off the Gaff Tape: Returning to Events
- DIY: Training Programs and How to Build Them
- Creating Safe, Sustainable Events
- Demos, Discos, and Dive Bars: Applying a Harm Reduction Approach to Event Safety
- Extinguishing Fires at Live Events
- Risk Identity: Why Most People Don't See or Say Something About Safety Hazards
- Starting from Scratch: Designing Safe Event Sites from the Ground Up
- Hackers Everywhere! Cyber Security for Live Events
- Accessibility at Live Events
- Paper vs. Reality: What are you REALLY buying?
- Peace in the Neighborhood: Providing Event Security to Guests with Grievances
- Leveraging Technology to Create a Proactive Safety Culture
- Climate Change and Its Effect on Outdoor Events
"This year's agenda really does reflect the times we live in and the complex challenges that confront everyone involved in the production and staging of live events," emphasizes Event Safety Alliance president Jim Digby. "From traditional safety concerns to the health and weather threats that have become part of the modern event industry, this year's agenda is going to take a serious look at all of things that live event professionals really need to plan for as part of a complete event safety plan."
Echoing those comments, Take1 Insurance executive vice president and program director Scott Carroll says that, "As an insurance provider, safety must be the number one consideration of everyone involved in event production. Nothing takes priority over considering every possible threat and having a contingency plan in place to mitigate against those threats. Together with Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions, we are proud to be the co-presenting sponsors of this vital annual industry event."
Since 2014, the Event Safety Summit has brought together professionals from around the globe and across the entertainment, sports, and corporate event industries to discuss all aspects of safety, security, and health at live events. Featuring a diverse lineup of presentations, panels, workshops, and networking opportunities, the Event Safety Summit provides attendees with actionable ideas, enables collaboration with and communication among like-minded professionals, and sends attendees home with new motivation to put life safety first in their daily work.